Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Joanne Sedor

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!!Hola! Dear Fr. John and Team - from Joanne Sedor

It is wonderful to "meet" you all by mail. At first it seemed like such along time until our mission, and now it seems like our time for meetingand serving is coming as fast as a freight train...that is a "ChocolateTrain!" How to prepare? What to bring? How to serve? so many questionskeep popping up in my mind.I am a wife, mom and "Baba" to 10 grandchildren. Our four adult childrenand their families live in Anchorage AK, Baltimore MD, Minneapolis MN andone in our area --- Bloomfield, MI (a suburb of Detroit). We have achance to travel almost from "sea to shining sea" when we visit the kids.My husband, John, and I are both "cradle" Orthodox. We live in a condonow, and have been joined by my widowed father who has recently had somehealth problems but now seems stable enough for me to participate in themission team! We attend Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Church (OCA) inLivonia and are active in parish life and Church School. I am also aretired advanced practice registered nurse but I have continued with parttime work at the County Health Department. Most of my nursing career hasbeen in community mental health and public health nursing, so being "outand about" has been a norm for me. My job now consists of assessing andreferring pregnant mothers and newborns for services. I also am anindependent contractor doing in home geriatric assessments. I have had anopportnity to be a part of OCMC before, and look forward so very much toour experience this summer with anticipation, joy, and a desire to learn.With prayers for you all, Joanne

No comments: